HOW MANY TAPE EXTENSIONS WILL I NEED?
50g / 20pc (1 packet ) - For only adding volume/ thickness. Perfect for filling in sides.
100g / 40pc ( 2 packets ) - This is most suitable for finer hair types or clients with natural hair below their shoulders, or haircuts with thin wispy ends
150g / 60pc ( 3 packets ) - Recommended for clients with medium thickness, particularly for hair lengths at the shoulders or above.
200g plus+ / 80+pc ( 4+ packets ) Recommended for clients with thick to extremely thick hair and/or above shoulders, with a blunt hair cut.
WILL TAPE EXTENSIONS RUIN MY NATURAL HAIR?
Tape extensions are the less damaging permanent hair extension method currently on the market. This is if they are applied, looked after and removed correctly. Tape extensions are/should be applied to the same weight of hair that they weigh. This then doesn't cause any tension on your natural hair.
HOW DO I CHOOSE MY COLOUR / SHADE?
All our extensions have a colour chart listed when purchasing, Just match your natural shade with the extensions. If you are still unsure please feel free to send an email and we can discuss the perfect colour blend to suit your natural hair.
CAN I CHOOSE MORE THAN 1 COLOUR?
Yes, this is why all our packets are 20pc/50grams. You can simply select 1 packet of one shade and the other packet or another. If you are wanting the same shade simply select multiple packets for desired thickness.
ARE THE TAPE EXTENSIONS STRAIGHT OR WAVEY?
Our hair when first applied is very straight. Once washed it will naturally dry with a nice body wave which matches most clients hair. If blowdried will become straight. They will hold a curl extremely well, but can still be styled straight very easily.
WHAT PRODUCTS CAN I USE ON MY TAPE EXTENSIONS?
It is very important to use salon quality products on your Extensions. In saying that you do not need to go spend a fortune on products. Any moisture based products will leave you extensions hydrated and silky soft. ( Schwarzkopf Bonacure Hyaluronic Moisture Kick Range, Milkshake, Muk ( pink mask) & L'Oréal products are just some of the ranges we recommend ) Make sure to run oil through mid lengths to ends in-between washes to maintain moisture in the extensions. Stay away from products that contain protein and sulphates, this will cause irreversible damage to your new hair.
HOW LONG DO THE RUSSIAN TAPE EXTENSIONS LAST?
By following the correct after care and maintenance our Russian hair can last between 9months - 12months (depending on colour and aftercare routine)
HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO GET MAINTENANCE?
You will need to move your tape extensions up every 8-10 weeks, depending on hair growth. You should not go any longer than 10 weeks.
CAN I SWIM WITH MY TAPE EXTENSIONS IN?
Yes you can swim whilst you have our extensions. Please make sure to use a treatment / mask afterwards to lock the moisture in. Blondes - please be careful in chlorine as this can possibly change the shade of your blonde.
CAN I BRUSH MY HAIR WHILST I HAVE TAPE EXTENSIONS IN?
Of course, Please make sure to brush your hair on a regular basis to make sure no knotting occurs. Making sure if you are brushing your hair wet it is at least towel dry and use a plastic bristle brush starting from the ends to roots.
CAN I STILL TIE MY HAIR UP IN A HIGH PONY / BUN?
Yes, you should be able to tie your hair up and the tapes not be visible. Please speak to your hairdresser as this comes down to application.
CAN I COLOUR / BLEACH MY TAPE HAIR EXTENSIONS?
We do not recommend dying your hair extensions as it will affect the quality and lifespan. Your extensions have already been through chemical processing so further dyeing your extension may cause damage. If you do decide to dye your extensions, then we highly recommend you test a small piece of hair first to ensure you are happy with the results. Do not dye your extensions lighter as this will require bleach and will damage your extensions.We suggest you find the perfect colour match so dying is not necessary
HAVE A QUESTION WE HAVEN'T ANSWERED?
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO GIVE US A CALL OR EMAIL
- DO NOT wet/wash adhesive for 48hours after tape application
- No oils or conditioners applied directly on adhesive as this will cause the tape to become sticky and slip out. If you have naturally oily hair you need to wash your hair more regularly and use dry shampoo in-between washes
- Avoid tying hair in a high pony for the first week due to extensions being close to the scalp. Tying up straight away will cause tension and possible damage. Low pony tails are fine. If they are causing tensions adjust or wear down
- No heat placed directly on adhesive for extended amount of time. This will cause the tape adhesive to melt / shrivvle
- Shampoo scalp and adhesive, condition and treat only mid length to ends.
- Apply oil on ends, in-between washes to keep extensions hydrated
- No protein to be applied to extensions as this will cause them to become brittle and dry
- Brush scalp - NOT avoiding extensions and section hair regularly to avoid knotting ( tangle teezer recommenced )
- Maintain every 8-10 weeks no longer
- DO NOT wet adhesive 24hours after maintenance using MANE Hair Supplies tape.
- If any extensions are causing 'pain' or 'discomfort' notify your hairdresser
- Please don't remove your extensions yourself. This can cause damage to your natural hair and also the extensions.
- MANE HAIR SUPPLIES is in no way responsibile for the condition of your hair or the extensions once applied.
PLEASE make sure to follow our Aftercare steps to insure your extensions longgevity and to have minimal damage on your natural hair.
Any further questions please email us.